Friday, July 3, 2015

Journal Entry #1

The Airport International terminal is a lot different than the domestic.
Walking through the security and leaving my mom and sister behind was like leaving all of my comfort and everything I know behind.
Meeting people I'd never met was awkward at first, but a lot of students were eager to find friends.
Highlight: being mistaken as a french woman by a french woman at the Airport before boarding.
Waiting to board the plane and feeling anxiety for flying for one of two times in my life.
Waiting in anticipation about who would be my flying buddy in the flight to Frankfurt.
Take Off- Hoping the plane wouldn't crash.
Looking out the window and feeling fear dissolve into inspiration as the plane guided above the clouds.
Fear spreading again once hitting turbulence.
Wanting to sleep but instead watching 3 different movies because I couldn't get comfortable.
Landing in Germany and waiting 4 hours after 2 days of no sleep.
Looking up at the tv and seeing that 149 people died in an asian country that afternoon after a plane crashed.
Fear rising again as it was time to board for paris.
Sleepiness turning into moodiness as delirium sets in.
Flying over the Eiffel Tower and hearing about how beautiful it looked from my peers with window seats.
Reality sets in. I'm in Paris.
Jet lag is REAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment