Friday, July 31, 2015

Final Draft

Dear Paris,

        You have shown me so much in a very short amount of time. I have learned things about myself that I can only credit to you, and for that, I must say thank you.

      When visiting you, many tourists hit up the well known spots such as The Louvre, The Eiffel Tower, and Notre Dame. These spots are well known, and packed with bodies, and yet they still deliver awe and inspiration from their beauty and rich history. No matter how many times I visit the Eiffel Tower, my eyes can't help but trail up and down the sturdy structure, and at night, the twinkling fills my stomach with giddy delight.

I have always considered myself someone who was horrible with directions, but your metro system has given me confidence in my abilities. No matter where I am within the city, there is usually a metro stop near by, and as long as I can find that, I know I can find my way back home. Yeah the connecting lines are a bit confusing at first, but over time after a few failed attempts they were finally conquered. It was like something clicked in my head and the whole world made sense...

Food is something I love dearly, but I can tend to be a picky eater. That was not the case, thanks to you Paris. You offered so many delicious choices that I couldn't help but want to try new things. The freshness of the bread and cheeses and meats left my mouth watering everyday, and I woke up with a ravenous appetite every night, ready to see what new things I would get to try!

Again and again I was warned of tourists traps and pick pocketers, and it made me uneasy to say the least. I constantly was clutching my bag to my chest and judging any suspicious character that steppe near me. Maybe I was lucky, but within in the confines of the city walls, I never felt unsafe. Being a girl from Atlanta, I know its best to not wander the streets of the A after darkness falls or you might run into some pretty unsavory characters, but although you have some interesting characters in your city.....

(New idea, I want to write from the perspective of atlanta. I will personify both cities as if one is writing a letter to her friend or new aquaintance. I think this works for my audience since my target audience is an atl publication. Since I will be writing about my own personal experiences and things I encountered, I will write as If I am Atlanta so that its more personal.... I'm rewriting this whole thing now.)




No comments:

Post a Comment